Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tomorrow is Another Day


It's been such a busy week! We tried to re-deck the attic. We had used some of the decking to put over the windows during Katrina and we could never decide whether we wanted to put it back or not. I decided to Scarlett O'Hara it (you know, "think about it tomorrow") and put the decking back up there because we needed the room. Our garage (as I may have mentioned) is being taken over. And really, winter is the only time anyone is willing to go up there. It's probably a brisk 70 degrees or so (I'm kidding, but not by much). In the summer, it's unbearable up there. And every time we put something up there I'm reminded of how many times Joel has said, "We're never moving, because I'm never taking all this back down". There's plenty of interesting stuff up there, but I agreed to NOT organize, just deck. Otherwise, I'd have spent 3 hours color-coding the old baby clothes and it still would be a disaster.


Joel and I have learned to work well together. (It was a learned skill). He's the big picture guy, I want a separate bin for every little thing. His way gets things done - mine, not so much. I must admit though, that when I see something like this -





I get all happy inside!

Where my mom lives in Colorado they actually have a store called "The Container Store". I can't even begin to imagine such a wonderful, magical place. Children may dream of a shopping spree at Toys R Us, but as for me, I cannot imagine a better place than "The Container Store".


I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere about buying stuff to hold onto stuff that you use so infrequently that you need to buy special stuff to store your stuff in. But I'll think about that tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh my, I walked by a Container Store last week and they were even having a sale but I was strong and didn't even go inside. I figure without an actual plan on how/what I want to contain that a trip inside could be a financial disaster!

I've been enjoying your blog too, thanks for starting it!

Unknown said...

If this is what Container Store offers better than toysrus, then everyone would rush for win shopping spree deals at Container Store. Thanks for your message.