Thursday, January 3, 2008

A "New" Thing.

So, now's the time for "resolutions". Time to try something new. I was reading a conversation about Christmas a week or so ago - that Jesus probably wasn't born in December, but sometime in the spring and that Christmas replaced some pagan holiday. I pondered on that a bit, and it occurred to me how perfect that was. It's exactly what Jesus does. He changes the old to the new. He perfects. He did it when He changed water into wine (John 2); He did it when He changed a blind man to a seeing man (John 9); when He changed the demon possessed man into a sane man (Mark 5 - I personally like the idea of the guy sitting there "fully clothed and in his right mind" There certainly are days I need that kind of intervention!). Jesus changed Saul and Simon so much He changed even their names! Then of course, there's Lazarus. Bringing the dead to life is the ultimate "new". It just made me think about all the different things I do to try to improve myself and in truth the One who can make all things new is right here willing and able to work through me! So, my own personal New Year's Resolution - Get closer to the One who makes all things "new"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An update on the doorknob - Joel came home from work with a shiny, brand spankin new doorknob and we installed it. It's amazing how easy those things are to install when the lock isn't stuck shut. No power tools required! Of course it was still really cold, but at least if someone makes it through the obstacle course that is our garage, they will find a locked door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's more video of Emily doing one of her Christmas songs. It's a shame she's so camera shy.

No comments: